Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I am so Grateful

I don't really have anything to exciting going on in my life right now, I am staying busy with work and everyday life. This month has been really hard on me. It has been exactly a year since I moved back home. When I look back at the person I was last year to who I am now, I am very grateful for the trials that I have been given. I feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father. I was so mad at him last year. I couldn't understand why he would allow me to go through so much pain. I couldn't understand why my husband didn't want me anymore. I loved being a wife, I loved everything about it, the cooking, the cleaning, having someone to talk to all the time. I kept telling myself I did something wrong. Even though I knew in my heart that I was a good wife. There was nothing I could have done to change the out come of my marriage, but I still struggled. And I still struggle today. I never thought I would be single at this point in my life. I was supposed to be starting my family but I know that Heavenly Father has a different plan for me.
I love going to the temple, I had a hard time going by myself but I was lucky that my great friend Kendyl was always willing to go with me. I am even at the point where I can go on my own, The temple is one of my favorite places and I love the feeling I get when I go there. If I am ever confused or feeling down I go there and I leave feeling so much happier and I have the answers to what I was confused about. I am so happy for who I am becoming. I love my primary class and am so grateful for each and everyone of them. They are all so smart and I feel like they teach me more than I could ever teach them. I love it when they see me before sacrament and they come give me a hug or say "Hi" it makes me feel so loved.
I am also so grateful for my job. I love my job...I haven't been able to say that before. As a matter of fact I actually quit Lou Coopey a while back because I was not happy there but I am so glad to be working there now. I love the people and I love the flexible hours, ok and I must say I LOVE WORKING WITH MY SISTERS! Not many people can say that but I can. People often ask us how we can handle working together and we can't understand how they can't. I also love all the other people I work with. We are such good friends and enjoy hanging out together. We are even having a Rock Band party this weekend. (I am OBSESSED!!) I am really sad because my friend Austin who is Brittanys age and who I used to babysit works at Coopeys. It has been so fun working with him but his last day is Friday. He is leaving for his mission Sept 3rd. I am seriously going to cry but I also know he is going to be an amazing missionary. I had the opportunity to be there when he went through the temple for the first time and I just knew that he would be a great missionary, He loved the temple and couldn't wait to go back. I am so lucky that I have had him to help me get through this last year. Although, I thought my world was over a year ago and I never thought I would get through this trial but I have. I am loving life and I am living each day one at a time, I still don't like that I am single but at least I get to date again!! grin.. (any single guys, send them my way. haha)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

something wierd happened to your font... sorry, but I didn't get a chance to read what it is you are grateful for :(

Nicole Hunt said...

Our trials do make us stronger. I know that for sure. You are doing great! I don't really know any single guys...but I'll keep a look out. I mean...well you know what I mean ;)

I totally know what you mean about working with your sisters. (well kinda) I worked with my cousins at a daycare, when I lived in Ohio. We were really close and it was so fun!

Thanks for sharing!

Hiatt Family said...

I can't imagine how that must feel Brandi. I know it's not the same, but I definitely thought I would have a couple kids by now & not having any here is just so strange sometimes. It's like the plan I had for my life didn't fall into place at all. But I can honestly look back and see why the Lord's timing has been the way that it has. I love reading your blog and checking up on you. I really admire your attitude about everything. Hang in there!

smilingsarahbear said...

Thanks for such a sweet post Brandi! You are so strong and so wise and have such a great outlook on life. I love it! And I'll keep an eye and ear out for single guys too. Ciao for now!

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Brandi, your strength amazes me. Let's do some more temple trips ASAP!