Monday, November 2, 2009

MIA MUCH???

Yeah so I guess I've been a little MIA lately. I haven't posted in forever and the longer time goes by the harder it is to make a post. I am thinking my journaling skills are a suckin! Here's just a list of things I've been up to.

* Playin with Shelbs
* Girls Camp Out with my Favorite Chicks
* Lots of Concerts
* Scottel's Hockey Game- a guy I work with and I totally got a free Costa out of it because he didn't get a penalty!! Woot Woot
* Rock Band Parties
* Reading 3 Harry Potter books and watching 1-5 in a month just so I could go see number 6 while it is was theatres!
* Scrapbooking
* Going to Eager for a friends bosses wedding. It was so nice up there!!
* Flying with Amanda to Wisconsin to visit my cousins and having a total blast!!
*** The Dells in Wisconsin
*** Noah's Ark Water Park- gosh darn amazing
*** Riding a mechanical bull
*** Spending time with LLC and seeing my cousin Kenny I haven't seen since we were little
*** Not having one argument with Amanda the entire trip!!
*** Corn N Tater Fest- The yummiest corn ever and I totally got a shirt!!
*** Having to sit on my carry on to smush all my stuff down so it would shut :) I think I bought to much stuff on this trip. wups
*** oh and who could forget the joys of our luggage not making it back to phoenix with us, talk about a livid Brandi and Amanda!!!!!
* Getting excepted into MCC's 4 semester nursing program. I start January 19 and I am super excited and SUPER nervous at the same time.
* Meeting one of my favorite bands and getting to talk and hang out with them and having Benny signed the drum sticks he gave me. THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM are amazing. Check em out!!
* I am like a month away from finishing Eng 102. A class I have registered and dropped 3 times. I hate english and this class has been the class I have been dreeding taking. But I'm almost finished.
* Taking Institute at ASU.
* Spending lots of time with friends and family
* My car finally being reliable again!! Wynona got her transmission rebuilt so she is quiet again and the whining has stopped :).

***Lastly yesterday was my 1 year Anniversary from being Divorced. I couldn't be happier. Its hard being single again and not cooking and cleaning and laughing with my husband. Its hard watching my friends around me be married and starting their families especially knowing that I was once there and I'm now not. But I am so grateful for what I have been given this year. I've laughed, cried, learned and grew..I've dealt with issues and even opened up more than I ever have and found out I'm not crazy just "Emotionally Healthy". I attended a fireside a couple sundays ago and the speaker was talking about gratitude. I have talked all year about how I am grateful for my trials and who they have made me but still I would have bad days and be angry or bitter. But she said we can not be grateful and be bitter. I never thought about that. I am far from perfect and I make a lot of mistakes. I can't promise that I won't get angry, jealous or upset but I am going to think about what I have been given and how every trial I have been given makes me grow stronger. I am a better person for these trials and I appreciate the people in my life and the love that they show me. I am a lucky girl and even though I don't have that special someone I am not going to settle just because I'm lonely. I have a lot to offer and I have been given a second chance and this time I'm not going to change and throw who I am out the door just to make another person happy!!

I have a ton of pictures and I'm on sommers computer so no promises but I'm gonna try hard to post them soon!!

LOVE YOU ALL AND YOU ARE MORE AN EXAMPLE TO ME THAN YOU KNOW!!

1 comment:

smilingsarahbear said...

You are one busy woman. And a beautiful one too;) That's so awesome that you got to come to my beautiful state of WI and loved it so much. It rocks. And I love your attitude about life... YOU are an example to me;)