I absolutely love the Christmas holiday and everything that goes with it...the lights and the giving and the all around Christmas spirit. I have been so busy and have been having so much fun but I haven't had anytime to blog about it so this may be a long post. We started of December with our work Christmas party I was a little stressed getting everything together as well as baking and frosting 90+ sugar cookies. The funny thing is Sommer kept trying to remind me how I tend to stress myself out and yet I continued to make the cookies anyway! One day maybe I will learn!! The Christmas party ended up being quite fun, Lou hired a magician for entertainment and it was pretty cool. Shelbie also made her 1st debut and everyone loved her, She also got to sit on Santas lap which is hilarious because the guy that drew the small straw and ended up playing Santa is afraid to hold babies so I had to help him...he was an absolute crack up!!


The same weekend as the Christmas party I got to fly to Disneyland with my best friend and we met up with her mom and sisters. It was a short trip but it was so fun. I laughed so much and was reminded how much I love Natalie's family. Her mom was absolutely amazing and paid for everything while we were there. I love her so much and am totally grateful for how much she loves me.
Then a couple weeks ago I went with a bunch of friends to the McCormack Ranch Train in Scottsdale. It was such a blast and it was so fun to act like a kid again. I was so stoked to have my picture taken with buzz lightyear, scooby doo, elmo, Clifford and cookie monster! Clint, Amanda, Angela and I had an absolute blast making ugly faces while standing in line but I think we may have also scared a few people!! haha
Cookie Monster is so trying to take a peek down my shirt!!
Last Saturday was our annual Christmas cookie baking day. I was telling Sommer that I am so glad that we have a whole year to forget about how much work it is so then we only remember the fun so we will continue the tradition. We have been baking cookies just us girls for very long time, we started off baking with our mom and once we got older it ended up being a sister thing and once Sommer married Lance he decided he wanted to participate. This year we woke up early and headed over to Sommer and Lances to make breakfast burritos before we started and it was a good thing because we ate so much sugar that day we needed that real food in our bellies!! We all picked out 2 recipes and baked and baked and baked!! It was so much fun having Shelbie there and my dad also got bored at home so he came over to watch us. We had so much fun laughing and joking around... at one point I was dropped on my butt by lance and another time Amanda ended up wearing chocolate on her forehead like Simba. That night I offered to stay the night at Sommer and Lances to take care of my little turkey Shelbie because Lance had a long night with her the night before and didn't get to nap at all so I wanted them both to be able to get some rest. Shelbie was so good and I hope that my babies are as nice to me as she was to me that night. I loved having the opportunity to help as well as to bond with her!!
On Monday we decided to go hike the wind caves. It was Amanda, Bert, Jason, and Doug from coopeys and two of Dougs friends. It was pretty fun and we are going to make it a regular thing hopefully. I however decided I will not take Tylenol on an empty stomach then eat a breakfast sandwich and then hike because I ended up throwing up my sandwich. I felt so much better after but before it was not good!!!
This month I also had fun making cute videos of my adorable niece, I got my hair cut twice...I know that sounds weird but Bert cut it and I ended up wanting it shorter so a couple days later Bert cut it shorter and I love it!! And I enjoyed looking at a lot of Christmas lights. In the middle of November Bert and I made it a goal to go walk around the temple every Sunday and I have come to love it. Especially now that there are Christmas lights I love how amazing the lights are and also talking to the many missionaries...even if a certain one told Bert a story the was not true!!! Elder Baumbus you know who you are!! haha but regardless I just love the feeling I get when I am there!!
How random...this is how I found them when I got out of the shower!!
1st Cut
2nd Cut
Me taking a little nap today
This is a video of Shelbie after we changed her, she was so happy and kicking everywhere...maybe she will be a soccer player! haha
This is a video of Shelbie's Binky game in which she spits it out and then tries to get find it. It is so stinkin cute!!!
5 comments:
That sure is funny to see smokey and kitty laying together! Cute though
Very cute pics and videos! Glad you had a nice Christmas. I LOVE Christmas! Looks like a fun vacation. We all love hiking too-but Cortlynn gets a little lazy on us sometimes(most of the time;).
Ha ha, I got my hair cut twice in a week too, for the same reason. I just HAD to have it a certain way before Christmas. :) It was fun seeing you the other night at Bahama Bucks! Your niece is adorable!
Shelbie is beautiful! She has amazing eyelashes!! I'm so glad you are doing well.. I miss the good ol days. keep the pictures coming : )
Congrats on the new niece! She's so precious! You look great too aunty. Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment